Isaiah 40:31–“But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.”
What did I learn?
- An eagle takes advantage of a storm, and waits for it. As the storm hits, the eagle is lifted up by the wind of the storm. They fly ABOVE the storm and actually use the winds to lift them higher.
- Bald eagles mate for life. They remain together during nesting season to raise the young.
- They can spot a fish from more than a kilometre away. They have vision for what they want.
- Even the smallest eagles have relatively longer and more evenly broad wings, and more direct, faster flight.
- Like all birds of prey, eagles have very large powerful hooked beaks for tearing flesh from their prey. They also have extremely keen eyesight which enables them to spot potential prey from a very long distance
- Eagles build their nests tall trees or on high cliffs.
So my summary? If you are waiting upon God for something, then He promises to renew your strength like that of an eagle. You will be lifted by the winds of the storm. You will be able to see your prey AND your vision from afar off, and know the difference. You will mate for life (yay!) And even though you may think you are “small” you still will get to your destination, and likely faster.
Never doubt the waiting process to bring you great things!